Installation of Custom Swing Arm Covers
- Remove current black plastic OEM swing arm cover by prying underneath the outermost edge while pulling away from the motorcycle frame (using fingernails should will work).
- Thoroughly inspect the inside of the swing arm cavity to insure no debris or rust has accumulated over time.
- Once cleaned and inspected, it is recommended to spray a corrosion inhibitor into the swing arm cavity to help prevent rust building up.
- Line up your NEW Figurati Designs custom swing arm cover to the desired position (if swing arm covers have a motif or design). Press evenly on the swing arm cover until the outer lip is flush with the frame. *Figurati Designs has manufactured these products with the highest tolerances-they are made to fit very tight and in some cases may require a small amount of lubricant to allow our patented detent ball bearings to pass the flange in order to pop out into place and seal the swing arm cavity.
- To remove custom swing arm covers, use a flat edge tool to gently lift around the edges evenly, until the ball bearings detent and pull straight out of the frame.